This project is read-only.

Support material to make a workshop about .NET Bio project

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

hello everybody!

I’m going to make a litle workshop about .net Bio in my University and I’m interested in have another support material or any other help for my workshop, can anybody help me?

Greetings,

Leonardo M.

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM

hi leonardo

not sure what you mean by a workshop, but there is some very good material from previous training courses which can be found in Documentation>Training. That would certainly be the best starting point. What sort of group are you targeting? CS people or biologists?

cheers

jh

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Leonardo, good to hear from you again. As Jim mentions under the Documentation tab there are links to the training we did. They are all self contained .zip files. It has examples included and we do recommend those as a self guided training for those that can't attend an in person training. Mark does tailor his course to those in attendance so you can have more of a biologist flavor or more of a computer science flavor depending on audience. I presume you just want to give an overview to the people in your university? Or are you actually considering putting on a training workshop?

If the latter then it would be good to know several things - length of the workshop, number of attendees and their backgrounds etc.

Do you have a day/time slated for this? It might be possible to at least have a member of the community available via chat or other online forum to assist. (I say that not knowing enough details and the logistics of your event so don't assume that is possible)

Thanks for the post and have a great day.

Rick

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM

hello rick and james, forgive my absence, I was working with another things the last months, in bioinformatic toolbox of matlab, assembly tools in LINUX plataforms and instrumental bioinformatic, that's the reasons of my absence, but you know, i'm in love of .Net Bio and Visual Studio. 

Let me explain more about my workshop.

I want to do an introduction to informatic enginners about the capabilities of .NET Bio, so the flavor of my workshop is oriented to programmers but they don't know nothing about biology or bioinformatic and maybe a little of C#, the workshop is in my university, universidad de caldas, manizales, colombia, is the wednesday 19 of september at 10:00 a.m. (UTC-05:00) Bogotá, Lima, Quito,  so I have two hours to make they fall in love of the .NET Bio like me.

Again thanks for your answers, they are so valuables to me, makes me feel special and important for this project and that's little things is one of the reasons why I believe seriously in this project and the reason why i want to become a committer.

greetings from manizales, colombia

Leonardo