Getting the .NET Bio source code via TFS server

May 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Hi all

I'm trying to get the .NET Bio source code via Visual Studio Team Explorer. but now i have busy the 443 port, required to conect with tfs09. i can't quit this port of its function, so i don't know if maybe i could use another port. anybody knows?

Leo
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Leonardo, I am not sure I fully understand your question but let me try and rephrase it and then answer my rephrased version.

You are trying to connect with Team Explorer to the source repository of .NET Bio. You are following along in the "Onboarding using Visual Studio with .NET Bio" developer documentation from our Codeplex site.

On page 2 step 7 where it says enter port 443 you are getting an error message about the port being busy.

Can you describe the other fields or post a screen shot of what you have for the other fields?
Also maybe the exact error message you got.

If you search for that port being busy there are a number of sites that can direct your problem solving.
For instance it could be SQL services reporting services etc.

There is an Ehow site on checking port 443 - http://www.ehow.com/how_8619185_check-port-443-open.html

Hope that helps

Rick
May 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hi Rick

Thanks for your answer, about the issue, I'm not getting a error, just i have the 443 port busy, so i want to know if is possible use another TCP port with https protocol, or the port 443 is mandatory to connect with the TFS server.

Cheers,

Leo
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM
TFS itself allows the port to be changed, but it has to be done on the server side. I don't believe Codeplex supports a port other than 443 for TFS access. It might for one of the other supported SCC variants (SVN, GIT, etc.) I've not checked.

I'm assuming you know you don't need any source control to actually download the source and play with it - just hit the "Download" link on the Source tab and when you load the project, tell VS to remove all source control bindings. You won't be able to contribute back directly from the solution that way but it will work just fine.

mark

May 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Yes, this is my way of work for now.

thanks Mark

Leo