This project is read-only.

Error 'Bio' could not be found

May 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Hi,

I am new to .NET Bio and I am attempting to make a test script. However, when I use Bio. I get the following error.

Error The type or namespace name 'Bio' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I noticed in an earlier post that I it was recommended to go the properties page and change the target framework to ".Net Framework 4" which I did. However, I still get the same error message.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris
May 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Hi Chris,

Can you describe what you are doing a bit more? Are you using visual studio? Writing a python script? F# script, c# etc.? Not sure how you have referenced the library so hard to help, probably using the NuGet package would be easiest for you though.

Cheers,
N
May 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Hi N,

Thanks for the reply. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2010. So I am using this line...

using Bio;

and that line is generating the error I described above. I used the net bio.msi install package to install Bio .net.

Thanks again,
Chris
May 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Hi Chris,

Ah yes, you have to add a reference to the Bio.dll files in visual studio to use the project.

Go to the side of the solution explorer window, click references and add the .dll file (should be someplace like:

C:\Program Files (x86).NET Bio\1.1\Tools\Bin\Bio.dll

Once you have a reference to the Bio.dll, you should be able to use everything.

Cheers,
N
May 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Thanks so much N, that did the trick!

Chris